Monday 12 April 2010

Amazing!

So back to the lakes today. Went to Hoon a DCAC water. WoW!
First time to this water. Turned up at 11.00 and decided, after looking around, that I would try the buzzers as nothing was rising.
On went a green on the dropper and a black on the point.
First cast and I missed a take. Second cast wham! Landed. Third cast another. Fourth cast missed. Fifth cast lost a good fish. Sixth cast nothing (this place is crap I began to think).
Next cast another brought to the net. I had six and then the surface went mad as the fish took flies off the surface. No wonder the buzzer worked, I was in the middle of a good hatch. On went a dry. I missed two and then it went dead.
Back on the buzzers and caught four more. 10 fish all around a pound and a half in just over two hours! I could have caught more but decided to go for a pint.

No comments:

Post a Comment