Saturday, 30 October 2010

The Lion Tamers visited the BFFI today. What a great place to learn and find new ideas!


'I think the fish can see your gut, old chap'

My shopping list was short: A decent silver badger cape/saddle.

Bone and Jon wanted wading vests.

After enduring a three mile drive (sometimes Stoke is a good place to live), we parked up and had a coffee. We needed coffee as it was Bone’s birthday bash last night and we were a bit worse for wear.

The queue was building up, but sensibly, we had our pre-booked tickets and went straight in.

I was desparate to get my hackle stuff. I told the guys it was urgent and got myself a super silver badger saddle from Lakeland. That was me done. I now needed a horse.

We wandered around, buying bits and bobs and then bumped into Sheena Goode. (England International). What a lovely lady. We showed her our new shirts. I think she wanted one but we were interrupted; she is so popular, Sheena had to talk to other people and so we slinked away.

We then went to see John Tyzack, (the master)  who showed a guy how to tie a spider with some dodgy thread and an equally dodgy bobbin holder.  A copy of his latest dvd was purchased and I got it signed, as a signed copy will always fetch a few quid more on ebay.

John Tysack trying out the new 'fjy flute'


We bought some nice gear.
We bought some other stuff, took a lot in and retired to the pub.

I even went to the butchers, not knowing I still had a coat hanger emerger at the top of my brand new fleece


We loved it!

2 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing entry and I love to read more of it so that I will be able to look over and have it as an inspiration for further articles to write about when it comes to updates on fly fishing and it's pros and cons too. I do hope you will get to visit our official website and let us know what you think about it. Here is the link

    http://www.sammaka.com/

    Thanks ahead :)

    ReplyDelete